Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A New Season!

First, I have to apologize for not blogging in so long! A very busy; still unemployed, several weeks has taken up all my time.

I got up the other morning and really felt different! I couldn't tell what it was, the sun was shining and the temperatures were to go into the upper 70's. There was nothing special about the day; job search, housekeeping, run errands and cooking, what has become my typical day. As soon as my feet hit the floor I felt the extra energy. I opened the windows to let in the fresh spring air and immediately got the first load of laundry started. Got the little guy on the bus and back at it. Cleaned the bathrooms and floors, dusted and vacuumed, then had breakfast. I then decided to clean out the closest downstairs and that turned into cleaning out the toy room! I wasn't sure where all this energy was coming from but I was enjoying it. It was a far cry from last week; I was irritable and sluggish all week. Just didn't feel like myself.

Next, I decided to strip the beds and wash all the linens. I hate this job, what was I doing! This job simply pisses me off, as I hate dust ruffles and believe the inventor of this item should be executed. I happily muddled my way through the job and started dinner in between loads. While chopping the onion, the tears started to flow and I thought about the movie, "The Blind Side". I started to tear up while watching that a few weeks ago. I don't do that! It must be allergy season!

Next, it was off to run errands and back. I had time before the filthy animals arrived home so I started to clean the windows inside and out. Just as I was starting the first window and thinking I have never done this, it hit me! I was Spring Cleaning!

Spring Cleaning! My idea of Spring Cleaning was cleaning out the shed and hosing the garage floor! My wife did this! I immediate stopped cleaning the windows and ran to the garage, grabbed a beer and sat at my work bench to ponder this strange twist.

A whole week of irritability and sluggishness...I even felt a little bloated. Then the watery eyes during the movie and now Spring Cleaning! OMG, what next, sensitive nipples!

It's alright; I checked, all good!

1 comment: