Friday, February 19, 2010

Figure Skating

I can't watch the Olympic Figure Skating Competition any longer!

This has nothing to do with the skater's. The men and women who compete are strong and talented individuals; they train long, hard and endure a lot of sacrifice to master this very difficult event. I consider Figure Skating a sport similar to; well, Synchronized Swimming.

My problem is with the announcers. It is painful for my brain to listen to them! If they would announce the event more like a sport and less like a fashion show, it would be fun to watch! If these same announcers were calling a NHL hockey game it would be terrible...

Announcer: Sidney Crosby has the puck on a breakaway and he shoots and scores! That is simply scrumptious!

Announcer: The penalty call is for tripping, that wasn't a trip! Boy, the makes me so mad I could crush a grape!

Announcer: That slap shot just makes me tingle to my toes!

Announcer: Delicious, just a Delicious play!

Announcer: He is one of the most elegant and delightful skater's they have!

Announcer: His form is a real treat, true eye candy to the fans!

I can't do anymore, my brain is beginning to hurt again!



Please call the event like a sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment