Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Safety First!

Sorry for not posting yesterday but it was a holiday and I took the day off. Since I have always been at a loss at what we are to do on President's Day, I did my usual trip to local cemeteries in search of heads stones with president's names. You would be surprised at how many you can find! "Obama" seemed to escape me but it wasn't for my lack of effort.

The kids wee off school and went back on Friday morning after a two hour delay, torture! Completely throwing me off schedule! My highlight was on Thursday when I had had enough and announced that each of them would be assigned a bathroom to clean. (each week going forward) After an amusing half hour of complaints, they all arrived to meet me in the first bathroom wearing plastic gloves with rubber bands around the wrists. Priceless. They all did a good job and now have a healthy respect for perfecting their individual aim!

After the herd had moved onto other pastures on Friday, I decided to complete a overdue task. The kids had been asking me to put in the new shower head which I was recently given. The Oxygenics 60110 Chrome. The baby can be adjusted from 20 to 120 p.s.i. WHAT? 120 pounds per square inch! This sucker could rip off a body part! I sat on the toilet reviewing the minimal directions and made; what I feel were three important discoveries, this thing came in a plain cardboard box(always suspicious), it looked like a fire hose nozzle (takes two-2 firefights to control a fire hose)and the directions said the "ideal comfort and performance level is 40 to 80 p.s.i." (why do I need 120 p.s.i's then).

I was very concerned about putting this pressure washer in the main bathroom out of fear for the kids but thought I could put it in and I would test it myself first! Always thinking of their "safety first". The install was easy and I turned it on for a look see...didn't seem to awful. As I got ready for the "dry run"; I began to think, what if it did rip off a body part? This would be a tragedy, I don't want to loss a body part, Valentine's Day is in two days...that would put a "damper" on the romantic side of that event. Oh, god no! I am home alone! Again; falling back to "safety first", I immediate got the "Reader's Digest-Everything you need to know about first aid" book, sat back down on the toilet, and began to study. A short time later I was ready to handle the loss of a limb or any other important body part. I placed my emergency first aid items on the toilet seat beside my cellphone, (pre-dialed to 911 so I only had to hit send, I may not be able to walk), there was the tourniquet to stop the bleeding and a Ziploc bag (gallon not quart)to place the severed limb into for transport to the ER for reattachment. Preparation is the key to success! I got into the shower and very carefully "backed" into the stream of water..to my surprise it felt invigorating and brisk!

I can say, the Oxygenics 60110, is a great shower head for loosening the shoulder, neck and back muscles. I can't say anything else since I didn't allow the water to hit anywhere else...

always thinking "safety first".

No comments:

Post a Comment