Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 10 - I think my wife may be a terrorist!

Today's project was to be cleaning the floors. I proceeded to the laundry room ( I spend way to much time in that area) to retrieve the tools of my labor...bucket, some sort of mop thing and whatever cleaner is required for this project. That is when the warning bells went off! I opened a cabinet which I can't remember being in before and found the stash of chemicals! Pinesol, Lysol, Clorox, Pine scented ammonia, Goo-Gone (what the?). You can imagine my disbelieve! These things have chemicals in them like Ammonium Hydroxide Solution and Sulfamic Acid; I don't know what that means but they all have other words like Caution, Danger, Harmful and DON'T MIX! If I used these things and had the residue on my hands; then attempt to get on a flight in the same day, I would end up in Gitmo doing laundry! Who needs all these things and why are there so many different kinds? As I elevated my threat level to "red", I immediately went to check the rest of the house and confirmed my suspicions. Under each sink, in every bathroom were more stashes. Each of these contained one bottle of the same chemicals; Scrub Free, Soft Scrub and Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner to name a few. By distributing one bottle to each area she had cleverly masked her stockpiles! Brilliant! I then remember the pantry, more! She was buying in bulk; three more bottles of toilet bowl cleaner, that made six in the house. Costco must have her video filling up carts of this stuff. In the interest of national security I decided not to clean today; to preserve the evidence, until I have researched this on the web.

1 comment:

  1. I've liked absolutely everything, but "My wife must be a terrorist" and "doing laundry in Gitmo" have to be the funniest so far. A real talent for entertaining here! Don't stop now.

    ReplyDelete