Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Grocery Store (2)

After meeting with my fellow coffee club members at the bus stop this morning, I decided to follow the advice of these cagey veterans of the supermarket and go to Wal-Mart instead of the run of the mill grocery store! I grabbed my list and coupons and was on my way.

Having spent more time in WM (not in the food section) than at the grocery store, I was much more comfortable upon entry. Again, their was produce and my banana's and lettuce, two items down, going well! Moving down aisle one was when I first encountered what I will call the "Wal-Mart leaner". (WML) This is the act of leaning on the cart with your hands folded in the middle and above the child seat, on top of your coat. The fact that their coat is off should have been the first warning sign of trouble. The back must be bent at forty-five degrees at the waist and the pace of the walk is similar to an arthritic slug on its way to its own funeral! They position themselves in the middle of the aisle so that there is minimal effort to get any item that peeks their interest. The "WML" doesn't carry a list, they appear to be grazing and completely oblivious to the shopper's behind them...ME! If I only encountered one "WML" it would have been great but it appears that there is some kind of cult that frequents the grocery section there. Be Careful if you go there (I will not go back) and if you find yourself leaning, "Get Out and Save Yourself." I don't know where I am going to get food now!

No comments:

Post a Comment