Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 16 - Stripping!

Get your minds out of the gutter, I am referring to the nasty job of stripping the beds! It isn't the actual task of doing this as much as I don't understand "why" we have to have so many linens for one bed! Anyone who has had to do this job would never design a bedroom with a bed against the wall. I count a total of five different linens per bed. I completely understand the "pillow case" and the "flat sheet" (I think is what it is called) and get the idea of the "fitted sheet" (again, I think that is what it is call).

My problem starts with the "dust ruffle" (see above). This is the biggest pain the butt I have had to deal with. This had to be designed by a very angry person. I assume the idea is to prevent "dust" from getting under the bed but I think it so kids can hide junk instead of putting it where it belongs. Judging by the amount of dust on said items, the damn ruffle doesn't work anyways. Once the "dust ruffle" is exactly in place you have to put the mattress back on. I don't care what you tell me; it can not be done without messing up the "dust ruffle"! Impossible! You spend another five or ten minutes going from side to side pulling and straightening. The other probelm with the "dust ruffle" is keeping it in place while you put the "fitted sheet" on.

I am not referring to the "fitted sheet" that we actually sleep on but the "fitted sheet" which has to go on the mattress before we put the "fitted sheet" on that we sleep on! I believe this is for padding; seriously padding, have you looked at the mattress...that is padding! Again, you have to lift the mattress on all four corners to stretch this sheet into place, messing up the "dust ruffle" as you go. If and when you get it in place so that it is actually on correctly, you have to go side to side fixing the "dust ruffle" again.

If that wasn't enough, you have to do it again with the next "fitted sheet" then you have to do the "flat sheet". The "flat sheet" is the easiest since you only have to lift one end of the bed!

Here is the solution:

Give all your linens to the homeless; they can use them and they will not have the issues I have because they don't have beds! Next, buy a sleeping bag and place on each bed... easy on , easy off!

As for the dust underneath each bed...well, that is why vacuum cleaners have attachments.

1 comment:

  1. It's very gratifying to see you stripping beds. Now you know why wives are totally wiped out after that ordeal. What great life lessons you're learning.

    And I see a slight resemblance in the female version of you during the MLK vacation day!

    ReplyDelete