Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 22 - Going Green

Every morning; I prepare for a day of laundry, today I made a major break through.

Each morning I find on top of the laundry pile all the night time apparel. Flannel pajamas, two pair of sweatpants, multiple t-shirts, pair of shorts and a couple pair of socks. Why do we even have any bed linens? (please see Day 16). Buy a sleeping bag. This entire pile equals a single load of laundry in itself! For a front loading washer, that is approximately 14 gallons of water per day or 5,110 gallons per year. If you have a top loader, that is approximately 40 gallons of water per day or 14,600 gallons of water per year! Huge!! Millions and millions of gallons of water saved if we all do our part.

Sleep in the buff American!

High-five me on another worldly problem solved!

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...I wonder which one of your relatives would heartily agree with your sleeping-apparel suggestion!

    ReplyDelete